16 September 2008

mother nature on pms

can you hear me now? good.

it feels as though much of my time as a graduate student has been spent making the case for design as it pertains to technology in people's lives and its usefulness. everywhere I turn I see these tech-nos who despise the idea of technology assisting our lives (either that or they're just too cheap/broke to afford it).

whatever.

much of columbus' electricity was out for the last two and a half days because of hurricane ike. that's right, a hurricane put the power out in ohio (technology would never do this to us - mother nature, on the other hand...)

at any rate, I thought I was going to go insane. beyond the television and internet, I couldn't see the toilet after 9pm without risking burning down the complex. I couldn't shave before work or take a hot shower in the apartment I pay for (somehow the gas was off too).

and this is what the tech-nos want? fine. knock yourselves out. I'll stick with my sinful cellphone battery charger to call for help during an emergency while you feel the merciless wrath of mother nature on pms.

food for thought: was God punishing Ohio for re-electing GW Bush and voting for Hillary?

No comments: