26 April 2008

its always the little things


being the full-fledged nerd that I am (eg: one morning not too long ago, I got excited when I tied a windsor knot correctly on the first try. it was then that I began to examine my social disposition), I find joy in some of the strangest things; things regular, non-geek people would be completely indifferent to.

since I've decided my thesis would be more effective if presented in an interactive environment, this morning I purchased the domain mfaDesignThesis.com. I decided not to simply redirect to my now two year old (and rather out-dated) portfolio site DesignAndReason.com like I did with MTStanford.com.

"enough plugging already, get to the point of this blog so we can get on with our lives."

in creating the layout for the "coming soon" page (that I've always advised others against) I decided to try and make an animated favicon.

I bought the domain at about 10:00 this morning.

It's 10:44pm and I just got it up.

(that's what she said)

Anyhow, there aren't enough adjectives to accurately describe the nerdy, cornball feeling of excitement that followed this hallmark achievement. It was the binary equivalent of an orgasm coupled with embarrassment stemming from the fact that there's no hope for me ever being cool. In my struggle to educate and enlighten myself, I've completely lost sight of being hip (or even normal, for that matter).

No comments: